Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals required to work with industrial chemicals.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Chemicals can cause both pollution to the environment and harm to human health if they are spilled or used incorrectly. This course will give you an understanding of the potential impacts of chemicals and the systems and processes in place to control them.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities and if there is an accidental release. It will also indicate the responsibilities that you and your company have for managing chemicals.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the how chemicals should be used and managed, you contribute to your company's compliance with chemical permits and associated regulations, as well as ensuring that operations are carried out in an environmentally safe manner.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
• Describe the purpose and types of chemicals used in industry
• Describe the discharge and disposal methods for chemicals
• Identify the environmental impacts associated with chemical discharges
• Describe an example of the legislative controls on chemical use
• Describe an example of the chemical permitting process and reporting requirements
• Identify how chemical use and discharge is tracked and monitored
• Identify the actions you should take to reduce impacts
• Explain your role and the role of the company in managing chemical issues
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Mintra Holding AS will hold its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 26 May 21 at 1300 CET.
The board of directors hereby convenes the Annual General Meeting in Mintra Holding AS (the "Company") to be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021 13:00...