Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals who work in industries where compressors and compression processes are carried out. It is particularly suited to those who are new to the industry as it provides a comprehensive overview of compression technology.
Is previous experience required?
It is expected that as a participant in this course you will have received formal training in your designated role and that you hold suitable qualifications.
How will the course benefit me?
Compressors are used in many industrial processes to increase gas pressure. This course will identify the various uses of gas compression and provide an overview of the operation of both centrifugal and reciprocating compressors.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you understand the need to follow procedures so that you can carry out tasks with gas compressors in a safe manner. You will learn about the various safety features in place to ensure your safety and that of others.
How will the course benefit my company?
By following safe operating procedures when using compressors, you contribute to the reduction of incidents at your worksite. You can also help to ensure that compressors are used correctly so that equipment remains in good working order.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or laws but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain what a compressor is
• Identify the different types of compressors used in industrial processes
• Identify how compressors are used in industrial processes
• Explain how compressors are used in industrial processes
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV