Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who work on or require an understand of electrical power generation systems.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Oil and gas installations are normally expected to run continuously, which means that their electrical power generation systems need to be designed with this in mind. This course will give you a basic understanding of the factors considered when designing an electrical power system.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to better understand the electrical power systems at your workplace. It will also explain how plant power capacity provision is estimated.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of what must be considered when designing electrical power systems, you can contribute to the estimate of capacity and load for your site. This can help to avoid under- and over-capacity, which can have operational and cost implications.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the factors that must be considered when designing an electrical power system
• Describe the design of an electrical power system
• Explain why reliability is important for the power system and the plant
• Identify the ways in which plant loads are classified
• Identify the information that must be available before designing the electrical power system
• Identify the methods used to drive compressors
• Describe the utility data sheet
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Mintra Holding AS will hold its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 26 May 21 at 1300 CET.
The board of directors hereby convenes the Annual General Meeting in Mintra Holding AS (the "Company") to be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021 13:00...