SubtotalCheckout View and edit basket
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Fire Extinguisher Usage Training course is for personnel who have or will be fully trained in the safe use of fire extinguishers and for those who require an overview of fire extinguisher safety.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course provides learners with an awareness and understanding of the safe use of fire extinguishers, such as the types that are required to tackle different fires.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by improving fire extinguisher safety knowledge in the workplace and subsequently reduce injuries.
What standards are referenced in the course?
No standards or regulations are referenced in this course.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain how fire spreads
• Identify the fire triangle and explain how it works
• Describe the dangers of smoke
• Describe the ways in which a fire can be extinguished
• Give an overview of the different fire classifications
• Describe the different types of fire extinguishers
• Explain the importance of carrying out a pre-engagement assessment
• Describe how to safely operate different types of fire extinguishers
• Explain the purpose of PASS
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra’s HR Manager Amy Reid appointed the Scottish HR Leadership Group’s Operating Board to support the development of the HR community in Scotland.
Mintra are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our UK team.
A dropped object checklist is a tool used to identify potential hazards and prevent dropped object incidents in the workplace.