Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Flare & Vent Systems Training course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who require an introduction to the flare and vent systems. As the course provides a comprehensive overview of these systems, it is particularly suited to those who are new to their role or the industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Oil and gas processing facilities need to be able to deal with hydrocarbons that are not recovered or cannot be contained. This course will give you a basic understanding of how the flare and vent systems are used in both normal operating conditions and in emergency situations.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to better understand the process and safety systems in place at your worksite.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of the operation of the flare and vent system, you can work safely with these systems and the systems that feed into them. You will also increase your familiarity with the industry and the work that your company does.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Provide an overview of flare systems
• Explain why flaring is necessary
• Describe the use of vapour recovery technology
• Identify the components of a flare system
• Describe the design considerations for flare systems
• Describe gathering systems
• Identify the need to segregate wet and dry gases
• Describe the liquid separation and disposal system
• Describe the level control in the knock-out drum
• Describe the High Pressure Flare System
• Describe the effects of heat radiation
• Identify how flare combustion can be controlled
• Describe the use of Coanda Flare Tips
• Identify explosive hazards
• Identify methods of preventing air ingress
• Describe the liquid seal
• Describe the molecular seal
• Describe the flare ignition system
• Describe the need for flare gas metering
• Identify the requirements for the flare gas metering equipment
• Describe the general operation of the flare system
• Identify the effects of emergency conditions on flare systems
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".