Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Introduction to Auxiliary Generators Training course is aimed at Junior Engineers and Electro-tech Officers, Engineering and Electrical Ratings, Engineering and Electrical cadets.
Is previous experience required?
Basic maritime electrical engineering knowledge is recommended.
How will the course benefit me?
The course is designed to enable you to understand the basics around auxiliary generators and their uses.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will provide the learners with basic knowledge about auxiliary generators and their uses.
What standards are referenced in the course?
IMO SOLAS 1974
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of Auxiliary Generators
• Describe the operation of an auxiliary generator
• Identify the systems an auxiliary generator powers
• Describe the requirements and regulations for auxiliary generators on board various vessels
• Describe the basic maintenance tasks to be carried out on an auxiliary generator
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".