Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Trainee Refinery Technicians
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of safe furnace operations
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of safe furnace operations
What standards are referred to in this course?
The course is made according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe how furnaces operate
• Give an overview of fuel systems and identify problem areas
• Describe the various burners that are used in furnace operations
• Describe the procedure for furnace start-up
• Describe the procedure for furnace shutdown
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,