Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals in the oil and gas industry who are required to work with, or have an understanding of, separators. As an introductory course, it is particularly suited to those new to their role or the industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Production well fluids contain a mixture of oil, gas and water that must be separated for processing. This course will give you an understanding of the basic principles of separation and how it is carried out.
It will also introduce the different types of separators used in industry and their common uses.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of how and why production fluids are separated, you will have a better understanding of oil and gas processing systems. This will increase your familiarity with your industry and the work that your company does.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Know about the separation of fluids
• Know about the basic principles of separation
• Know about the effect of density on separation
• Know about two and three phase separation
• Know about the meaning of residence time
• Know about the reason for multi-stage separation
• Know about types of separators
• Know about the functions of the various types of separator
• Know about the principle separator components
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV