Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Malaria Awareness Training course is aimed at individuals who are required to travel to, or work in, an area where there is a risk of malaria.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
Malaria is responsible for the greatest number of human deaths caused by an infectious disease.
This course will give you an overview of what malaria is, where it exists and what you can do to protect yourself.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in areas where malaria is present and identify the actions that you should take if you become ill on your return.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of the dangers posed by malaria and understand the importance of taking measures to protect yourself and others.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe what malaria is and what the risk may represent for employees
• Identify where malaria exists in the world
• Identify the World Health Organization’s ABCD rule and recognise that your company will have procedures for malaria protection
• Identify the people that are most at risk of contracting malaria
• Explain how malaria is transmitted to humans once at the accommodation or work site
• Identify the signs and symptoms to look out for
• Describe the controls that can help to avoid mosquito bites and, therefore, reduce the risk of contracting malaria
• Identify the medications that are used to help prevent the development of malaria following an infectious bite and how to use them
• Explain that the quicker the disease is diagnosed and treated, the better the chances of minimising its effects
• Describe what to do if you become ill after your return from a malaria-endemic area
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".