Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Anchoring - Operational Safety Training course is for all deck personnel.
Is previous experience required?
No prior knowledge or experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will give learners an awareness of the safety requirements for anchoring operations.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will ensure that learners are following best practices as detailed in national and international legislation and company procedures.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• International Safety Management (ISM) Code
• Requirements of Class
• The International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGs)
• The International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of the regulatory and legislative controls relating to anchoring operations onboard
• Identify the different components of anchoring equipment and the location of each onboard
• Give an overview of anchoring operations
• Describe the maintenance and inspection requirements of equipment
• Outline the training requirements for equipment use
• Explain the importance of safety in anchoring operations
• Give an overview of how to avoid common hazards during anchoring operations
• Identify what type of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be worn by members of personnel
• Give an overview of the typical roles and responsibilities involved in anchoring operations
• Explain the importance of clear communications
• Describe anchoring operations in heavy weather situations
• Explain the procedures that should be performed whilst at anchorage
• Outline the role of the Watchkeeper
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.