Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
All personnel involved in lifting operations.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide you with an overview of the Banksman and Slinger roles, and how to carry out lifting operations safely.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will provide personnel with an overview of the Banksman and Slinger roles, to help ensure that lifting operations are carried out safely.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of the role of the Banksman and Slinger in lifting operations
• Describe the role of the Banksman
• Describe the role of the Slinger
• Outline the main hazards associated with lifting and rigging
• Describe the hand signals commonly used in lifting operations
• Describe the importance of a Tool Box Talk (Pre-job Safety Meeting)
• Describe rigging selection
• Outline pre-lift checks
• Describe the safe execution of the lift
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark and two attempts
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
The Mission to Seafarer's WeCare courses are now available exclusively on mintra.com