Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
Deck Officers and any other personnel involved in confined space entry work.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an overview of industry best practice in relation to confined space entry work.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have a relevant overview of the industry best practice in relation to confined space entry work.
What standards are referenced in the course?
The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers
Is there an assessment?
• Explain what is meant by a Confined Space
• Give examples of Confined Spaces
• Describe the dangers that can be caused by confined space entry work
• Identify the key pieces of legislation that help to control confined space entry work
• Explain how to avoid entering confined spaces
• Explain the importance of having a Safe System of Work in place
• Describe individual roles and responsibilities involved in Confined Space Entry work
• Explain the requirements for gas testing
• Identify acceptable levels for atmospheric test results
• Give examples of Confined Space Entry site safety equipment
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,