Buy and assign to
via email link
This eLearning course is the first of two stages to achieve the STCW certificate. A signed agreement is required by the shipowner before the on board exercises can take place.
The second stage is carried out on board the vessel and requires an Evaluator and the completion of exercises and a checklist. An Evaluator can be the vessel Captain, a qualified assessor, the Master / Chief Engineer, or Rig Manager.
Once the on board checklist is signed and completed it is emailed with the supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. The STCW certificate is awarded by Mintra on approval of the checklist and eLearning certificate with a 70% pass mark.
To carry out the on board training, the shipowner is required to first sign an agreement for decentralised training with Mintra. This is emailed to email@example.com to confirm the training programme.
Who is this course for?
All ship crew with emergency duties.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with a knowledge of safe practices and the relevance of human factors of crowd and crisis management.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have a knowledge of safe practices and the relevance of human factors of crowd and crisis management.
What standards are referred to in this course?
STCW A-V/2, Chapter V, Tables 1 and 2
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain the importance of Crisis and Crowd Management
• Define ship emergency procedures
• Describe what comprises passenger assistance
• Describe assembly/muster procedures
• Describe how to optimise resources
• Explain the importance of controlling emergency response
• Describe methods to control passengers in a crisis
• Describe relevant aspects of passenger safety, cargo security, and ship openings
Online assessment at the end of the eLearning with a 70% pass mark followed by the completion of on board exercises and checklist.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
This course is STCW certified by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA). International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers is a key IMO (International Maritime Organisation) convention and an internationally recognised standard in the maritime industry. NMA approved provider database
Mintra Holding AS has today held its annual general meeting virtually. All resolutions were made in accordance with the proposals set out in the...