Buy and assign to
via email link
This eLearning course is the first of two stages to achieve the STCW certificate. A signed agreement is required by the shipowner before the on board exercises can take place.
The second stage is carried out on board the vessel and requires an Evaluator and the completion of exercises and a checklist. An Evaluator can be the vessel Captain, a qualified assessor, the Master / Chief Engineer, or Rig Manager.
Once the on board checklist is signed and completed it is emailed with the supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. The STCW certificate is awarded by Mintra on approval of the checklist and eLearning certificate with a 70% pass mark.
To carry out the on board training, the shipowner is required to first sign an agreement for decentralised training with Mintra. This is emailed to email@example.com to confirm the training programme.
Who is the course for?
All crew with responsibility for assisting with crowd and crisis management during an emergency.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will give learners an overview of crowd and crisis management during an emergency.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring personnel are aware of how they should respond in an emergency to ensure passenger safety.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
• The International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code
• The International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL)
• Cargo Stowage and Securing (CSS) Code
• International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain the importance of Crisis and Crowd Management
• Define ship emergency procedures
• Describe what comprises passenger assistance
• Describe assembly/muster procedures
• Describe how to optimise resources
• Explain the importance of controlling emergency response
• Describe methods to control passengers in a crisis
• Describe relevant aspects of passenger safety, cargo security, and ship openings
Online assessment at the end of the eLearning with a 70% pass mark followed by the completion of on board exercises and checklist.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
This course is STCW certified by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA). International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers is a key IMO (International Maritime Organisation) convention and an internationally recognised standard in the maritime industry. NMA approved provider database
Meridian Maritime Training Centre has joined Mintra’s extensive Partner Network to bring maritime digital learning to its clients and their seafarers.