Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
All Maritime personnel.
Is previous experience required?
No prior knowledge or experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide knowledge of the risk associated with dropped objects.
How will the course benefit my company?
To assist in the reduction of lost time as a result of accidents.
What standards are referenced in the course?
There are no regulations or standards referenced in this course.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Define what is meant by a ‘dropped object’
• Identify the common causes of dropped objects and their consequences and explain the importance of eliminating, or reducing the risk of, incidents occurring
• Identify the duties of employers and employees in eliminating dropped object incidents
• Identify areas with a high potential for injury to personnel should a dropped object incident occur
• Identify examples of bad practice
• Describe the measures that should be taken to control the risk of falling objects
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,