Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Deck Officers and Deck Crew.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an introduction to Emergency Towing Systems (ETS) in the Maritime Industry.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an understanding of the Emergency Towing Systems.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain the purpose of Emergency Towing Systems (ETS)
• Describe the rules and regulations governing the installation of ETS
• Give a brief overview of the contents of the Emergency Towing Booklet (ETB)
• Describe the key components of an ETS
• Describe the differences between fore and aft deployment
• Describe typical deployment procedures
• Describe the critical safety aspects that must be considered during deployment
• Explain the importance of carrying out regular training and drills
• Give a basic overview of the inspection and maintenance requirements of the ETS
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV
A major expansion of Mintra’s maritime-specific eLearning course library will help the industry rise to the challenge of digitalisation