Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
Personnel who require knowledge on the types of gases found in the Maritime Industry and how these gases are detected and measured.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide you with an overview of the types of gases found within the Maritime Industry and how these gases are detected and measured.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will provide personnel with an overview of the types of gases found within the Maritime Industry and how these gases are detected and measured.
What standards are referenced in the course?
International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals (ISGOTT)
International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Identify the various sea going vessels in the Merchant Fleet
• Identify the flammable and toxic gases that may be found in the Maritime Industry
• Describe the detection methods for flammable and toxic gases
• Describe fixed fire and gas detection systems
• Describe portable gas detection systems
• Describe the measurement of flammable gases
• Describe the measurement of non-flammable gases
• Describe the measurement of toxic gases
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,