Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
All Maritime personnel who work with hand and power tools.
Is previous experience required?
No prior knowledge or experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide knowledge on hand and power tool safety.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course is intended to help prevent lost time accidents.
What standards are referenced in the course?
There are no regulations or standards referenced in this course.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Identify the general hazards and control measures associated with hand and power tools
• Identify specific hazards associated with hand tools
• Give an overview of general power tool safety precautions
• Explain how guards provide protection to operators
• Give examples of tools that must be equipped with a momentary switch
• Identify specific hazards and control measures related to the use of electric tools
• Identify the proper procedures to follow when using a grinder
• Identify specific hazards and control measures related to the use of pneumatic tools
• Identify specific hazards and control measures related to the use of powder-actuated tools
• Identify specific hazards and control measures related to the use of hydraulic jacks
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark and two attempts
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,