Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Hand-Arm Vibration Safety (Maritime) Training course is aimed at all Maritime personnel involved in maintenance operations.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide learners with the knowledge of the risk of hand-arm vibration.
How will the course benefit my company?
To assist in the reduction of hand-arm vibration injuries.
What standards are referenced in the course?
No standards or regulations are referenced in this course.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe hand-arm vibration and the effects it can cause
• Explain what Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) is and how to identify its early symptoms
• Identify the types of jobs and equipment that are most likely to involve hand-arm vibration and expose workers to the risk of health effects
• Explain the duties of employers in preventing or reducing risks to employees from exposure to vibration at work
• Outline the measures that employees can take to reduce the risk of HAVS
• Outline the duties of equipment manufacturers and suppliers in reducing vibration risks
• Describe the process of assessing the vibration risk to employees in accordance with the Exposure Action Value (EAV) and Exposure Limit Value (ELV)
• Describe the control measures that should be taken to reduce exposure to vibration
• Explain the importance of monitoring exposure to vibration, and health surveillance
• Explain the importance of information and training in reducing the risks to health from vibration
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Emmanolia Kolias appointed as the Women's International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) Board Member