Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
Personnel working with or near to hazardous substances.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide you with an overview of the requirements for the handling and storage of hazardous substances.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will provide personnel with an overview of the requirements for the handling and storage of hazardous substances.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain the health effects of working with hazardous substances, and the various ways that these can enter the body
• Explain the use of Safety Data Sheets and Assessments
• Explain the common labelling system and identify the standard symbols
• Explain the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Explain the requirements for storage, handling and disposal of hazardous substances
• Define the control measures for handling hazardous substances and explain the control hierarchy
• Explain the process for managing hazardous substances in the event of a spill
• Define the recording and reporting process
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,