Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
this Hazard Identification (Maritime) Training course is aimed at personnel who have the responsibility for carrying out hazard identification and risk assessments in the workplace.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
By providing learners with hazard identification awareness, which will enable them to evaluate hazards quickly and effectively.
How will the course benefit my company?
By providing personnel with the knowledge to quickly identify hazards and implement controls to manage them promote safety in the workplace.
What standards are referenced in the course?
No standards or regulations are referenced in this course.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain the purpose of Hazard Identification
• Give examples of common, industry specific hazards
• Demonstrate effective hazard identification
• Identify the difference between occupational hazards and Major Accident Hazards
• Describe the hazards posed by people
• Explain the importance of reducing risks to ALARP (As Low as Reasonably Practicable)
• Give examples of control measures and recognise how these systems are used to mitigate risk
• Explain the purpose of a Risk Assessment and how it can be used to identify and mitigate potential hazards
• Give examples of Major Accidents Hazards and recognise why they occurred
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones