Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Heavy Weather Preparation Training course is suitable for all personnel on board.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide learners with awareness on how to prepare for heavy weather and protect the safety of the ship and all personnel on board.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will ensure that learners are following best practice as detailed in national and international legislation, as well as their company procedures.
What standards are referenced in the course?
International Safety Management (ISM) Code
Cargo Securing Manual (CSM)
Code of Safe Working Practices (CoSWP)
The ICS Bridge Procedures Guide
Safety of Life at Sea Convention (SOLAS)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of the regulatory and legislative controls relating to heavy weather preparation on board
• Describe the fundamentals of heavy weather
• Identify the concerns for a ship operating in heavy weather
• Outline the importance of communication
• Explain how ships route their journey safely
• Describe how a ship should be prepared for heavy weather
• Explain the actions that should be taken to ensure safety whilst sailing through heavy weather
• Give an overview of anchoring in heavy weather
• Explain the actions that should be taken whilst a ship is experiencing heavy weather at a port
• Explain how to act in a heavy weather emergency
• Describe the checks that should be carried out following heavy weather
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Prices from £66.67Buy Now
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".