SubtotalCheckout View and edit basket
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Human Factors (Maritime) Training course is aimed at all personnel, both ashore and on board, who require an overview of how human factors influence workplace safety.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will give learners an awareness in relation to the part human factors play in accidents and incidents.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will ensure that learners are following procedures and communicate with others.
What standards are referenced in the course? International Safety Management (ISM) Code
The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
The Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)
International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW)
Is there an assessment?
• Define what is meant by the term ‘human factors’
• Identify the key contributors to the loss of situational awareness
• Recognise the potential causes of stress and fatigue (both work and non-work related)
• Recognise the symptoms of stress and fatigue in yourself and others
• Explain how important good communication is in limiting incidents and accidents
• Explain why following processes and procedures is a key part of ensuring safety in the workplace
• Recognise how carefully pre-planning your actions, and responses, helps to improve performance and reduce human error
• Explain how to maintain good situational awareness
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra’s HR Manager Amy Reid appointed the Scottish HR Leadership Group’s Operating Board to support the development of the HR community in Scotland.
Mintra are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our UK team.
A dropped object checklist is a tool used to identify potential hazards and prevent dropped object incidents in the workplace.