Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This International Safety Management Code (ISM) Training course is aimed at individuals working on or with vessels who require an overview of the safety management codes that apply to vessels. As an introductory course, it is particularly suitable for those who are new to their role or the industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
The International Safety Management (ISM) Code was put in place to provide a standard for the safe management and operation of ships. This course will give you a basic understanding of what the Code covers and what companies must do to meet its requirements.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to understand what needs to be done to comply with the Code. It will also indicate how the Code relates to risk management.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the scope and requirements of the ISM Code, you can help your company to operate in compliance with it. This can also play a part in reducing hazards and environmental incidents on board your vessel.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course refers to the following pieces of legislation:
• The International Safety Management (ISM) Code
• The Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) treaty
• The Oil Pollution Act (US) 1990
It also references the ISO-9000 series of international standards, as well as current HSE guidelines and industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain what the ISM is and why it is important
• Describe the history of shipping regulations and the development of the ISM
• Explain the principles and objectives of the ISM code
• Describe what a company has to do to meet the requirements of the ISM Code
• Identify the ISM code requirements for reporting, documentation, analysis and verification
• Explain the ISM code from a risk management perspective
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...