Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Maritime Leadership Training course is suitable for Deck and Engine Officers.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge to describe how to improve teamwork and employee engagement, give examples of leading through difficult times and describe how to facilitate conflict resolution.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to be leaders with excellent leadership skills that can promote teamwork, to have an empowered and collaborating crew and reduce the risk of accidents.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• International Maritime Organization (IMO)
• Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) Code
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe the main approaches to leadership
• Define leadership
• Explain how lack of leadership may cause accidents
• Outline the unique aspects of leadership in the maritime industry
• Describe the skills and qualities of a good leader
• Describe how to promote teamwork
• Describe the four basic styles of communication
• Describe how to become a self-aware leader
• Describe how to improve employee engagement
• Give examples of leading through difficult times
• Give examples of leading ‘difficult’ people
• Describe how to facilitate conflict resolution
• Explain how to practice self-care
End of course exam with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Emmanolia Kolias appointed as the Women's International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) Board Member