Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Medical Emergency Evacuation Training course is suitable for all personnel who have a role in preparing and executing a medical evacuation.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will give learners an awareness in relation to conducting an emergency evacuation for medical reasons in a safe manner.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will ensure that learners are following best practice as detailed in national/international legislation, and company procedures.
What standards are referenced in the course?
International Safety Management (ISM) Code
• The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
• The Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)
• International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Give an overview of the regulatory and legislative controls relating to a medical emergency evacuation on board
• Describe a medical emergency evacuation
• Give an overview of the training that is required by regulations and shipping companies
• Explain the importance of communication in a MEDIVAC operation
• Describe different types of MEDIVAC evacuation
• Describe a ship to ship and lifeboat transfer
• Explain what should be considered following MEDIVAC
End of course exam with a 70% pass mark and two attempts.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones