Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Medical First Aid - Basic (Maritime) Training course is aimed at all personnel who require basic Medical First Aid knowledge and/or refreshed on the topic.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course gives the learner the basic understanding of the general principles of first aid. It includes general body physiology, a look at various injuries and how to deal with them, and an overview of infectious diseases and how to prevent them.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have a basic understanding of the general principles of first aid.
What standards are referred to in this course?
The course is based upon the STCW Elementary First Aid (A-VI/1-3)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe general principles of first aid
• Explain the assessments and immediate measures you must take when arriving at an accident
• Describe the causes of unconsciousness, the assessments you need to make and what you can do
• Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Describe how to treat circulatory failure and the difference between external and internal bleeding
• Describe how to treat burns
• Describe how to transport injured persons
• Be familiar with infectious diseases
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.