Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Nitrogen Awareness (Maritime) Training course is aimed at personnel that may be exposed to environments containing nitrogen.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
By providing knowledge in the risks of entering a nitrogen environment.
How will the course benefit my company?
By reducing Nitrogen exposure risks.
What standards are referenced in the course?
No standards or regulations are referenced in this course.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Define nitrogen
• Describe the properties of nitrogen
• Explain why nitrogen is used in the Maritime Industry
• Describe the hazards associated with nitrogen
• Explain the importance of carrying out a risk assessment
• Give examples of control measures that can be used to limit exposure to nitrogen
• Describe how to use breathing apparatus
• Explain how nitrogen affects the human body
• Identify correct emergency response actions
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".