Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for:
All categories of crane operators who have completed a basic rigging course.
Is previous experience required?
A basic rigging course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course provides a basic review and update of knowledge of rigging operations in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
All rigging operations shall be performed according to applicable safety regulations. These specifications are stipulated in the NORSOK R-003 standard and in the Regulations for using work equipment.
Only personnel who have documented rigger training may perform rigging operations. This course provides a basic review and update of knowledge of rigging operations in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have required knowledge as a basic rigger.
What standards are referred to in this course?
NORSOK R-003, 2017
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe the importance of planning and management documents
• Describe roles and responsibilities
• Describe which components are subject to Certificate of Use and tags before the equipment can be approved for use
• Be familiar with general safety rules
• Explain permanent anchor points and structures
• Explain load handling aspects
• Describe the required information on tags, beam clamps and trolleys
• Describe which type of equipment to use for suspension of loads with various beams
• Describe the most important issues to remember when using clamps, and trolleys
• Describe important issues during complex rigging operations
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra provides free ECDIS training to City University of Applied Sciences Bremen students