Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for:
This Refresher Course for Slingers Training course is aimed at all categories of crane operators who have completed a basic slinger course.
Is previous experience required?
Completed basic slinger course.
How will this course benefit me?
All usage, storage, and inspections of lifting equipment shall be in accordance with the producer's instructions and requirements stipulated in the NORSOK R-003 standard. Lifting equipment shall be used only by personnel who have and can document competence in lifting operations.
This course provides a basic review and update of knowledge of lifting equipment in accordance with applicable standards.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have required knowledge as a basic slinger.
What standards are referred to in this course?
NORSOK R-003, 2017
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Be familiar with general information about lifting and lifting equipment
• Explain correct marking and tagging
• Describe material propterties
• Describe usage and scrapping criteria for the following lifting equipment; Fibre straps and big bags, chain slings, steel straps, shackles, eyebolts and eye nuts, lifting caps and turnbukles, load bearers
• Be familiar with using lifting equipment, fall safety and specific lifting equipment
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones