Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
All Crew/Personnel assigned Rescue Boat or Fast Rescue Boat duties on board.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide learners with awareness in rescue or fast rescue boat operations.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will ensure that learners are following best practices as detailed in relevant legislation and company procedures.
What standards are referenced in the course?
International Safety Management (ISM) Code – safety and pollution prevention, emergency procedures including use of the Rescue Boat
The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and the International Life-Saving Appliance (LSA) Code
International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe the purpose of rescue boats
• Give an overview of both rescue and fast rescue boats
• Describe what type of training and familiarisation is required to use a rescue or fast rescue boat
• Explain how maintenance and inspection is performed
• Describe the purpose of the Safety Equipment Certificate (SEC)
• Describe safe practices for the launching and recovery of a rescue boat
• Explain the importance of communication at sea
End of course exam with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra's free live webinar will bring together voices from across the maritime industry.