Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Safe Cargo Handling Training Course is for deck crew and any other personnel who require an understanding of cargo handling
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide you with an overview of the hazards associated with cargo handling
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will provide personnel with an overview of safe cargo handling
What standards are referenced in the course?
International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code
International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) Annex V
Is there an assessment?
• Explain the responsibilities of personnel involved in cargo handling
• Explain the importance of checking for dropped objects and identify the areas that should be monitored
• Explain the key areas of safe lifting and slinging operations
• Explain the key principal points to be considered when preparing cargo for shipment
• Define what is classified as ‘Dangerous Goods by Sea’ and the main considerations for shipping
• Explain the principal requirements for waste management
• Identify examples of bad practice
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...