Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Safety Officer Training course is suitable for any personnel taking on the duties of a Safety Officer or Safety Representative.
Is previous experience required?
Those eligible to perform duties as “ Safety Officer” or a “Safety Representative”, are limited to crew members who have no less than 2 years consecutive sea service since attaining the age of 18, which in the case of a safety representative on board a tanker shall include at least 6 months service on such a ship.
How will this course benefit me?
After successfully completing this course, you should have the knowledge to take on the role as Safety Officer, as referred to in STCW Code 2010 Table A-II/2 and A-III/2.
How will this course benefit my company?
Ensuring you have completed the Safety Officer e-learning course which refers to the Safety Officer’s role as referred to in STCW Code 2010 Table A-II/2 and A-III/2.
What standards are referred to in this course?
• MCA Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seamen
• This Safety Officer course also covers relevant parts of STCW Code Tables A-II/2 and A-III/2
• IMO Model Course 3.11.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe the responsibilities of the Ship Safety Officer
• Explain how a Ship Safety Officer is appointed
• Describe how the Ship Safety Officer ensures the working environment is safe
• Give an overview of how the Ship Safety Officer should handle incidents
• Give an overview of how health and safety inspections are conducted
• Explain how training is carried out for new crew members
• Explain the role of the Port State Control
• Give an overview of the regulatory requirements for crew safety
End of course exam with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".