Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel who require an awareness and understanding of shift handovers and risks to consider.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide the knowledge and techniques for carrying out efficient shift handovers
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have the knowledge and know the techniques for carrying out efficient shift handovers
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe the communication process that takes place during shift handover
• Identify common handover failures
• Identify the problems that may occur during shift handover
• Explain the importance of good shift handovers
• Explain the use of shift handover logs
• Describe the benefits of site visits
• Identify the expectations and responsibilities at shift handover
• Describe the shift handover planning process
• Summarise the key points of a shift handover
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,