Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
Ship to Ship Superintendents, Marine Superintendents and anyone with responsibility for safety.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
By providing you with knowledge of critical safety procedures.
How will the course benefit my company?
By improving safety culture and demonstrating the competency of employees.
What standards are referenced in the course?
MARPOL Annex I
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Define what is meant by the term ‘Ship to Ship transfers
• Explain the benefits and risks of ship to ship transfers
• Describe the regulations that control STS operations
• Explain the role of the Person in Overall Advisory Control (POAC) and the ship’s Master
• Describe the phases of an STS transfer Operation
• Describe how to prevent incidents during Ship to Ship transfers
• Describe recommended best practice for Ship Managers
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
The Mission to Seafarer's WeCare courses are now available exclusively on mintra.com