Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Working with High Voltage (Maritime) Training course is for Officers and Electrical Ratings working on high voltage installations.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will give learners an overview of working on electrical installations.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have the knowledge and competence to be working on high voltage installations.
What standards are referenced in the course?
Safety Regulations for Work and Operation of Electrical Equipment and Installations.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe why accidents occur and how to prevent them
• Explain the difference between High and low Voltage
• Define what regulations govern working on high voltage installations
• Explain the role of an instructed person
• Describe the most common accidents and injuries involving work on electrical installations
• Describe the first aid procedure
• Describe risk-reducing measures
• Describe what barriers are and how to implement them
• Describe what safety culture is and what constitutes a good safety culture
• Define the different definitions used when working on electrical installations
• Describe the different roles and responsibilities in relation to work on electrical installations
• Describe the difference between instructions and procedures
• Explain how to report and notify when a near-miss or accident occurs
• Describe who has access to high voltage installations
• Define what constitutes good planning
• Describe what risk-evaluation is and how to perform a proper risk-evaluation
• Describe what equipment is necessary for work on High Voltage installations
• Describe what the two-person requirement is
• Describe what dead and live working on electrical installations are
• Describe what to consider when performing maintenance work on a electrical installation
• Explain how maintenance on high voltage electrical installations are performed
• Describe the different types of PPE used when working on electrical installations
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".