Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
All personnel who are at risk for being exposed to benzene.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an awareness of benzene and provide best practice for work with benzene in oil and gas producing facilities.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of the impacts of benzene and familiar with best practice for work with benzene.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Norwegian Oil&Gas circulars NOG 130, 131&133
SOLAS - II/2/16.3.2
IMO circulars 1095 and 1220
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Be familiar with relevant health hazards
• Describe relevant rules and regulations
• Explain how to perform Risk Assessment
• Descirbe what proper Risk Management is
• Be familiar with Measuring - Logging and monitoring
• Be familiar with exposure limits, and how to prevent exposure
• Be familiar with the work of the Health monitoring and the occupational health service
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV
A major expansion of Mintra’s maritime-specific eLearning course library will help the industry rise to the challenge of digitalisation