Who is this course for?
All personnel working in the Oil and Gas Industry
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an introduction to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process and explains the key stages in undertaking an EIA.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are introduced to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process and explains the key stages in undertaking an EIA.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
Environmental Statment (ES)
Assessment of the Effects of Certain Public and Private Activities on the Environment EU Directive (as amended by Directive 97/11/EC
Offshore Petroleum Production and Pipelines (Assessment of Environmental Effects) Regulations (EIA Regulations)
EU Directive 2003/35/EC
Offshore Petroleum Activities (Conservation of Habitats) Regulations
Merchant Shipping (Oil Pollution Preparedness, Response and Co-operation Convention) Regulations
Offshore Marine Conservation (Natural Habitats, & c.) Regulations
Marine and Coastal Access Act and Marine (Scotland) Act
Offshore Chemicals Regulations, and
Offshore Combustion Installations (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Provide an overview of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process
• Describe the EIA legislative controls which are in place
• Identify projects for which an ES is mandatory
• Explain when a revision to a current ES may be required
• Identify activities for which an EIA Direction may be required rather than an ES
• Identify activities which are ‘excluded’ and require no ES or EIA Direction.
• Describe the different stages of the EIA process
• Identify the types of consultations that should be undertaken
• Identify areas which should be carefully assessed for potential environmental impact
• Outline timeframes for undertaking an ES and EIA Direction
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra Holding AS will hold its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 26 May 21 at 1300 CET.
The board of directors hereby convenes the Annual General Meeting in Mintra Holding AS (the "Company") to be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021 13:00...