Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Facilities Decommissioning Training course is aimed at individuals who will be involved in decommissioning projects, or have a need to understand the process.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will give you a basic overview of how facilities can be decommissioned and the factors that need to be taken into consideration during planning.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to plan facilities decommissioning activities and to select the most appropriate options for preparation and removal.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the factors to be considered when decommissioning the topsides and substructure, you can contribute to ensuring that your company's decommissioning projects are delivered effectively.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the regulatory requirements that apply to decommissioning
• Outline the data requirements for planning and preparation
• Describe the relationship between late life operations management and hook-down activities
• Describe the activities undertaken during make-safe and hook-down
• Outline the key considerations associated with Normally Unmanned Installations (NUI)
• Identify the key topside removal options
• Describe the main technical considerations in selecting the preferred removal option for a topside
• Identify the key jacket removal options
• Describe the main technical considerations in selecting the preferred removal option for a jacket
• Describe the impact of external factors on project schedule and cost
Mintra will be exhibiting at Maritime Cyprus 2022, and co-sponsoring the opening reception, one of the most significant maritime events globally.