Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Newcomers to the Oil and Gas Industry
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide a brief overview of fire and safety systems
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have a brief overview of fire and safety systems.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Health and Safety at Work Act
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
The Fire (Scotland) Act
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Provide an overview of typical fire and safety systems used in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Describe the purpose of emergency safety systems
• Describe the operation of Emergency Shutdown Systems (ESD)
• Describe the operation and purpose of Emergency Depressuring Systems (EDP)
• Identify the different shutdown levels
• Identify the actions that should be taken in an emergency situation
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra sponsors International SOS Duty of Care Awards
Digital learning specialist Mintra has won a raft of new contracts that will deliver safety-critical training courses to over 3,000 international...
Maritime subject matter expert Gareth Mathias has written Mintra's new medical evacuation course