Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Introduction to Produced Water Part 1 Training course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who require an overview of produced water systems. As an introductory course, it is particularly suitable for those who are new to their role or the industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
Water is nearly always present in oil and gas reservoirs, so it can be encountered at all stages of oil and gas production. Having a basic knowledge of how this water is removed and treated will help you to better understand the industry and its operations.
This course will provide an introduction to produced water and how it is formed. It will also explain why it must be removed from process streams.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of how and why produced water is removed and treated, you will increase your familiarity with the industry and the work that your company does. You will also be better able to work with produced water and water treatment systems.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Know the origin of produced water
• Know why water removal is important
• Know the difference in composition of produced water and seawater
• Know how emulsions occur and where
• Know the treatment for emulsions
• Know the different types of water treatment plant
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Emmanolia Kolias appointed as the Women's International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) Board Member