Buy and assign to
via email link
"Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who require an overview of produced water systems. As an introductory course, it is particularly suitable for those who are new to their role or the industry.
Is previous experience required?
As the second part in our Introduction to Produced Water suite , it is assumed that you have an understanding of the content covered in Part 1 – what produced water is and why it is removed and treated.
How will the course benefit me?
Water is nearly always present in oil and gas reservoirs, so it can be encountered at all stages of oil and gas production. Having a basic knowledge of how this water is removed and treated will help you to better understand the industry and its operations.
This course will provide an overview of the different types of equipment which can be used to separate produced water from production fluids.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of how and why produced water is removed and treated, you will increase your familiarity with the industry and the work that your company does. You will also be better able to work with produced water and water treatment systems.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%."
• Know the types of plant and which use separation and flotation
• Know the function and operation of a bubble agitator
• Know the function and operation of a tilted plate separator
• Know the function and operation of a skimmer unit
• Know the function of a produced water caisson
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra's free live webinar will bring together voices from across the maritime industry.