Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry with natural gas and gas liquids. It is particularly suited to those who are new to the industry and require an introduction to the topic.
Is previous experience required?
It is expected that as a participant in this course you will have received formal training in your job role and that you hold suitable qualifications.
How will the course benefit me?
Natural gas is now one of the most widely used energy sources in the world. This course will identify the different types of gas liquids that are commonly processed in the oil and gas industry, and will give you an overview of how they are recovered and processed.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you understand the processes used to recover and treat gas liquids.
How will the course benefit my company?
As natural gas becomes more important as an energy source, it is vital that companies employ people who understand how it is produced and processed.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or laws but is written to industry best practice and standard company procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define natural gas
• Identify the main components of natural gas
• Explain how natural gas is formed
• Explain how natural gas is produced to surface facilities
• Describe the relationship between NGL, LNG, LPG, CNG and GTL
• Identify the markets for natural gas
• Identify the main components of LPG
• Describe a typical LPG storage method
• Describe the properties and characteristics of LPG
• Describe the main methods of LPG production
• Describe the advantages and disadvantages of LPG as a fuel
• Explain the purpose of NGL recovery
• Identify the main methods of NGL recovery
• Explain the absorption method of NGL recovery
• Explain the refrigeration method of NGL recovery
• Explain the cryogenic method of NGL recovery
• Identify some typical NGL recoveries
• Describe the historical trends in NGL recovery
• Explain the NGL fractionation process
• Explain the purpose of natural gas treatment
• Explain the reasons for removing mercury from natural gas
• Explain the reasons for removing acid gases from natural gas
• Explain the methods for removing acid gases from natural gas
• Explain the molecular sieve method for removing acid gases from natural gas
• Identify the main reasons for dehydrating natural gas
• Identify the two main methods of dehydration
• Explain the two main methods of dehydration
• Identify the factors that determine which type of desiccant you choose
• Explain the principle of liquefaction of natural gas
• Explain the difference between peak-shave and base
• LNG liquefaction plants
• Identify typical equipment used in liquefaction processes
• Identify the three main types of liquefaction processes
• Describe the three main types of liquefaction processes
• Identify the criteria for liquefaction process selection
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV