Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who are required to carry out a work task or visit an asset where nitrogen may be encountered.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Nitrogen is frequently used in the oil and gas industry for many operations such as purging and inerting equipment. Although non-toxic, nitrogen can displace oxygen and cause asphyxiation. This course will give you a basic understanding of the properties of nitrogen and how to work safely in a nitrogen rich atmosphere.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities and if you or others are exposed to nitrogen. It will also provide an overview of where you may encounter nitrogen in industry.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the hazards associated with nitrogen, you ensure that you work with it safely, taking the precautions needed to protect your fellow workers and yourself.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
• Describe the key properties of nitrogen
• Describe how nitrogen is prepared, stored and supplied
• Identify the key applications of nitrogen
• Explain the uses of nitrogen in industry
• Identify the health risks associated with nitrogen
• List the precautions to be taken while working in nitrogen rich atmospheres
• List the safe practices to be followed while working in nitrogen rich atmospheres
• Describe the emergency response in the case of nitrogen exposure
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Mintra Holding AS will hold its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 26 May 21 at 1300 CET.
The board of directors hereby convenes the Annual General Meeting in Mintra Holding AS (the "Company") to be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021 13:00...