Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the offshore oil and gas industry who require an understanding of the power generation and distribution systems.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
As they are often located far from land and infrastructure, offshore installations need to generate their own power onboard. This course will introduce the power generation systems used on a typical offshore installation.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to understand the power generation and distribution systems onboard your installation. It will also provide an overview of the various pieces of power generation equipment that you may be required to work with.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the requirements for power generation offshore, you will have a better appreciation of how those requirements affect the installation's operations. You will also be better able to work safely with power generation systems and equipment.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
• Explain the function of power generation systems in an offshore environment
• Describe the fuel used for power generation
• Explain the method of power generation used offshore
• Describe synchronous machines that are used for power generation
• Describe emergency power generation systems
• Outline electrical distribution systems
End of course exam with a 100% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
The Mission to Seafarer's WeCare courses are now available exclusively on mintra.com