Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Safe Use of Portable Hand Tools Training Course is relevant for all personnel
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of the hazards associated with the use of portable hand tools and the measures that should be in place to control the risk of injury
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of the hazards associated with the use of portable hand tools and the measures that should be in place to control the risk of injury
What standards are referred to in this course?
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Give examples of the types of portable hand tools used in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Identify the hazards posed by the use of portable hand tools
• Identify the legislative requirements associated with the use of hand tools
• Explain how to mitigate the risks posed by the regular use of hand tools
• Explain the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including suitable hand protection
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones