Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Working on Electrical Equipment Training course is for all personnel working with electricity in the Oil and Gas Industry
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide all relevant personnel with an overview of the safety precautions to be taken when working on electrical equipment
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of the safety precautions to be taken when working on electrical equipment
What standards are referred to in this course?
Health and Safety at Work Act (1974)
Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (1999)
Electricity at Work Safe Working Practices (2003)
Offshore Electricity and Noise Regulations (1997)
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (1998)
BS 7671: 2008 Requirements for Electrical Installations
Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%
• Explain the importance of electrical safety rules
• Identify the legislation and regulations which exist to prevent injuries from electricity in the workplace
• Define common electrical safety terminology
• Describe the general precautions to be taken and the safety procedures to be followed when working on electrical equipment
• Define the role of the Responsible Electrical Person
• Identify the correct PPE to be used for specific electrical tasks
• Describe the actions to take in an emergency situation
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.