Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at any individuals who are required to work at a site or visit an asset where personal protective equipment must be worn.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Many parts of your body could be injured by the everyday hazards present at your workplace. This course will give you an understanding of why, when and where personal protective equipment (PPE) should be worn.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities and if you are required to carry out a task using specialised PPE. It will also indicate your responsibilities for taking care of PPE.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of how different items of PPE protect you, you can take appropriate precautions to avoid injury while working. This will help to reduce incidents at your work place and to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Outline why, when and where you need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Describe the standard PPE you will be required to wear
• Describe the additional PPE you may need for specific tasks
• Summarise your responsibilities relating to PPE
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Mintra provides free ECDIS training to City University of Applied Sciences Bremen students