Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
All engineering sub-disciplines connected with internal flow in production systems, including Base Management
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an awareness of the how phase behaviour and multiphase flow regimes can impact on hydrocarbon delivery.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of the how phase behaviour and multiphase flow regimes can impact on hydrocarbon delivery.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe reservoir fluids
• Explain how hydrocarbons flow from reservoirs
• Give an overview of single phase and multiphase flow regimes
• Describe the different multiphase flow regimes that can occur
• Give an overview of slug formation
• Describe the characteristics that are associated with vertical flow regimes
• Identify the terminology used for describing and categorising multiphase flow
• Explain what is meant by superficial liquid and gas velocity
• Explain what is meant by hold-up and describe how liquid hold-up changes with flowrate at constant gas-liquid
• Describe the difference between ‘no-slip’ and ‘slip’ models of multiphase flow, and the impact that slip has for hold-up
• Explain what is meant by actual phase velocity
• Describe the main elements of pressure drop for a multiphase flowing system
• Describe the effects of inclination on flow behaviour
• Explain the effects of having water in the flow stream and its influence on hold-up and pressure drop
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV