Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who work on or require an understand of electrical power generation systems.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are qualified and competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Oil and gas installations are self-sustaining environments, which means all power used must be generated on board the installation. This course will give you a basic understanding of the main pieces of power generation equipment and how they function.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to understand how power is generated and supplied to the various users of electrical power on a typical installation.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you understand how electrical power is generated, you are better able to work with power generation equipment and electrical systems.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the equipment used to form Power Generation Sets
• Explain Synchronous Machines
• Identify the Voltage requirements from Synchronous Machines
• Identify the types of Synchronous Machines (Alternators)
• Explain Poles and Frequency
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Mintra Holding AS will hold its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 26 May 21 at 1300 CET.
The board of directors hereby convenes the Annual General Meeting in Mintra Holding AS (the "Company") to be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021 13:00...