Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide the knowledge and techniques for carrying out pressure testing and leak testing in the workplace, the course consists of 5 sections:
Section 1: Introduction to Pressure and Leak Testing
Section 2: Leak Testing and Pressure Testing Methods and Associated Hazards
Section 3: Preparing a Leak Test
Section 4: Carrying out a Leak Test
Section 5: Test Pressure and Test Documentation
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have the knowledge and techniques for carrying out pressure testing and leak testing in the workplace
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define what is meant by a leak test
• Define what is meant by a pressure test
• Outline the role of the leak tester and the general requirements for leak/pressure testing
• Identify examples of systems that require to be pressure vessles and pipework
• Explain proof testing and strength testing of pressure vessels and pipework
• Identify examples of the various methods of leak testing
• Explain the differences and risks using water as a test medium compared to using pressurised inert gas
• Outline how to plan a leak test
• Explain how to use P&IDs for planning purposes
• Explain how to use valve line-up checklists
• Explain the use of task risk assessments prior to leak testing
• Identify the equipment required for leak testing
• Explain the use of Helium as a trace gas
• Describe how to use the HeliTest unit
• Describe the operation of an intensifier pump
• Describe line specifications and their use in identifying design pressures
• Identify PSV ratings
• Identify examples of test documentation
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV